I mean, why does anyone that isn’t a model take sexy boudoir photos of themselves? And no it’s not to become insta famous. For me, not only have I been busting my ass at the gym and eating
kale all day healthy, I’ve at a place in my life where I feel the most happy and confident INSIDE as well. I am independent, strong, smart, successful. Fuck yeah I should celebrate those things…and when your inner happiness blossoms it really shows on the exterior as well.
I planned to take these photos a few months back so I could capture this beautiful moment in my life. For me to capture how I feel about myself – confident, sexy, loving, hopeful, open, badass. For me to know that this body I have is a temple. For me to have something to look back on and say DAMN girl. I did this FOR ME. Am I perfect? No, which is what I love. I’m imperfect and that’s what is REAL. No one is perfect, but you are YOU which is the most special and unique thing in this world.
If you’ve ever thought you can’t do something because of our world’s beauty standards, push the boundaries and do it. Everyone is beautiful. Everyone. Embrace yourself. Love yourself!
This is just part one of this shoot, I plan to share what went into a shoot like this, how all of my lingerie got STOLEN by Virgin America TSA(yes, seriously and so creepy) and how hard we worked for hours to achieve this.
Huge thanks to my amazing friends and dream team who helped make this come together!
Photography: Bronson Farr // Styling: Josh Francisco // Art Direction: Sam Canvin
When it comes to online dating, a photo speaks volumes and is honestly how most people make up their mind if they even want to spend time reading through the rest of your profile. Over the -ahem- years I’ve been on and off dating sites, I continue to see the same horrible photos that men use for their profiles. Don’t get me wrong, women are not perfect (hello, mirror selfies, #guilty!) but men, you really need to step it up. It’s called a smartphone, we all have them and it’s really not that hard.
Here are the top offenders that drive me INSANE.
- Shirtless, yes that’s number one.
- Shirtless at the gym….I mean….
- Group photos- How the hell are we supposed to know WHO YOU ARE?
- Baby photos – No baby, no baby photos.
- Surrounded by girls. Nothing says “date me” like showing what a douchebag wannabe player you probably aren’t. It’s not cool.
- Posing with a tiger in Thailand. Yes, I have this photo too, but it’s not on my dating profile. AKA YOU BASIC BROOOOOOOOO
- A photo so close up it shows your pores
- Modeling or any headshots — like let’s not be so formal, aye? Save it for LinkedIn
- Filtered on filtered. Where did your face go?
- A photo from 10 years ago….and no – you don’t still look like that.
- One photo only…like WHAT THE FUCK there has to be something wrong with this person. It’s called a cell phone, you know those things you can take a billion photos on? Run. This person is hiding something.
- Lastly, some guys don’t put a photo. AT ALL. You are not that special or that cool. If you are you should only be using Raya or The League or something else elitist to protect your top secret identity.