Hi friends! It’s my first post of 2018 so HAPPY NEW YEAR! While I’m not huge on resolutions, I’m all about setting yourself up for success and making goals you can achieve…which is why I am super excited to share today’s post with you because it hits TWO of my 2018 goals. SCORE.
- First, is always be healthy, be active…blah blah blah. This is not groundbreaking and I think we can all agree the new year is the time we all want to get back into shape. Plus, NOW is the time that will get us ready for summer. Ugh, but true. So I’ve been focused on healthy eating, drinking more water and working out.
- Second, is sharing more videos with you! I need to take my own damn advice because nothing is ever perfect and we should embrace our realness. AMIRITE?! So even though my video quality, or editing skills aren’t the best who the fuck cares!! You all always ask for more recipes, more beauty, more stories…so I’m going to give them to you!
So, without further adieu here’s a quick, one minute video on a healthy and filling lunch I made over the weekend that I’ve been taking to the office with me. I love making salad bowls like this because you can add anything you like to customize them.
PLEASE SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE AND GIVE THIS VIDEO A THUMBS UP:
One of the main components of this bowl is a quinoa salad. (Salad on salad, doesn’t get any healthier than that.) You can pick any quinoa you like, and follow the instructions on the package on how to make it. From there I mixed in chopped red onion, cilantro, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
These are the toppings I used. I didn’t add the dressing or avocado but just brought it with me so it doesn’t get soggy and the avocado stays fresh!
Pack it up, stack it up! I usually only make 3 servings because I like variety and can’t eat the same thing 5 days in a row. I know, I’m so bougie. I chose to use Trader Joe’s Green Goddess dressing which is vegan! It’s actually yummy and creamy because it has avocado as the base of it! I also think a chipotle vinaigrette would be great with this southwestern style salad bowl.
What other things do you like to meal prep?! Let me know!
What’s cookin’ good lookin’?! I’m so excited because my first recipe post is here! You may not know this, but cooking is one of my passions. When I was younger instead of watching cartoons I was hooked to watching cooking shows, writing down recipes and recreating them. I even was considering going to culinary school but obviously opted for a different path. #noregrets So today, I get such a joy from creating yummy dishes and can’t wait to share some of my favorite recipes with you.
Today I’m going with something super #basic — balsamic vinaigrette. I used to buy salad dressing but I realized making it is so easy and so much more delicious. This one in particular is my go-to and can pretty much go with any type of salad you make but my favorite is on a kale salad!
Here’s what you need for the dressing:
2 tablespoons dijon mustard
1 large shallot, finely chopped
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon honey
3-4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper, garlic powder
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Step 1: Add diced shallot, dijon mustard, honey, lemon salt, pepper & garlic powder to a small bowl.
Step 2: Add balsamic vinegar and mix together.
Step 3: Slowly stream in olive oil and whisk at the same time. You will start to see the dressing thicken (aka emulsify) and really come together.
Step 4: Pour on your favorite salad, toss together and enjoy!
Step 5: 😊
I mean, why does anyone that isn’t a model take sexy boudoir photos of themselves? And no it’s not to become insta famous. For me, not only have I been busting my ass at the gym and eating
kale all day healthy, I’ve at a place in my life where I feel the most happy and confident INSIDE as well. I am independent, strong, smart, successful. Fuck yeah I should celebrate those things…and when your inner happiness blossoms it really shows on the exterior as well.
I planned to take these photos a few months back so I could capture this beautiful moment in my life. For me to capture how I feel about myself – confident, sexy, loving, hopeful, open, badass. For me to know that this body I have is a temple. For me to have something to look back on and say DAMN girl. I did this FOR ME. Am I perfect? No, which is what I love. I’m imperfect and that’s what is REAL. No one is perfect, but you are YOU which is the most special and unique thing in this world.
If you’ve ever thought you can’t do something because of our world’s beauty standards, push the boundaries and do it. Everyone is beautiful. Everyone. Embrace yourself. Love yourself!
This is just part one of this shoot, I plan to share what went into a shoot like this, how all of my lingerie got STOLEN by Virgin America TSA(yes, seriously and so creepy) and how hard we worked for hours to achieve this.
Huge thanks to my amazing friends and dream team who helped make this come together!
Photography: Bronson Farr // Styling: Josh Francisco // Art Direction: Sam Canvin
Working out, eating healthy, working, having a social life, trying to date….who has time for it all?! I barely do and burn out often, so when it comes to staying healthy and not gaining 5 million pounds when I’m stress eating Chipotle and Ben & Jerry’s (come on, we all do it) I have to make a very conscious effort to stay on track.
Over the years I’ve found a few key things that may seem ridiculous but truly help me with my fitness and health routine. I’m no expert, but eat these hacks up like an order of animal fries.
- Sleep in your workout clothes — if you are a morning workoutter like me, this is KEY and takes the fumbling around looking for clothes out of the picture.
- Make your food taste like it’s bad for you — cauliflower crust pizza, zucchini noodles, baked chicken tenders, it may seem bad but it isn’t! Recipes coming SOON!
- Drink hella water when you’re hungry — this sounds silly but it does help…and you stay hydrated so that’s a double whammy
- Be single — it really helps with the waistline, lol but really, you don’t have someone to go out to eat with constantly. HA
- Workout in the morning so you know it is done with (hence the first line item)
- If you want something bad, eat it – there is no reason to deprive yourself because you’ll just binge later
- Stock up on cute fitness gear — if you love your workout clothes it will make you love working out just a little bit more
- Go on a hike before brunch…because BALANCE
- Dry shampoo. Enough said
- Leave everything you need out on your counter the night before — I always leave out my Magic Bullet, Pre-Workout, and Protein Powder because it reminds me about them and makes using them that much easier
- Take time on Sunday to look at your calendar and plan your meals…or at least a few of them! I typically plan 2 meals a week which allows me wiggle room to go out and have leftovers and ultimately not waste!
- Only drink alcohol that is clear — vodka, white wine or tequila…because you better believe I’m not NOT drinking.
Cheers to that…with my favorite healthy meal, a dirty martini!