Being single on Valentine’s Day is not a bad thing. I repeat this is NOT a bad thing. While everyone else is getting disappointed they didn’t get spoiled with chocolate or flowers, or their boyfriend forgot to make a reservation at an overpriced restaurant, or whatever crazy expectation wasn’t met, sometimes the grass is always greener and this is why being single can be fucking amazing on this overhyped holiday!
It’s actually a great time to show yourself the love you deserve and TREAT YO’SELF, amirite?! While everyone else is worried about their significant other and whether or not they will live up to the expectations of all that is Valentine’s Day, you can kick back, relax, open up some wine and order some Postmates – because you are single and can do whatever the hell you want!
Here are 10 things to do to show yourself some love today:
- Wake up, light some candles and stretch
- Listen to a girl power playlist
- Write a love note to yourself
- Take a bubble bath and do a face mask
- Leave work a little early
- Go on a walk without your phone
- Send yourself flowers — no one is judging!
- Have a glass of wine…or bottle
- Buy a box of chocolates and take a bite of each one
- Masturbate — I told you I’m keeping it real on this blog. So yes, enjoy.