Yes, this is part one…because let’s face it, there will be many in this series. And you may be thinking that the title is aggressive. But, let’s face it online dating is freaking aggressive…and sad, and confusing and ugh so many things. I mean, who REALLY wants to be judged on a handful of photos and a short bio to see if you are a compatible match with someone. I don’t WANT to but it’s practically our only choice now a days.
So, what’s the big problem? Well just to start, no matter how cute of photos you post, or how witty and smart you sound in your dating profile, you will get discouraged, feel like you’ll be alone forever and definitely get the occasional (and by occasional I mean frequent) horn dogs sending a “hey beautiful, the things I would do to u” or “letz meet and fuk” over a thoughtful and respectful first message. I’m not even kidding, this has happened more times than I can count. Can you not?
I always think…is that really how you would everrrrr go up to a girl. NO.
To that my feelings are this:
Notice the folder name? I did not do that for blog purposes either – it has been properly titled “Dating aka HELL” for over a year now.
So without further adieu, here are just 15 of the many reasons why online dating SUCKS:
- There are far too many apps…and all are filled with the same shitty people
- They trick you into paying for a subscription to see who likes you, or who messaged you, or who winked at you or who super liked you- whatever happened to love don’t cost a thing?
- You’ll end up talking to someone for weeks before being able to make a date…or not
- Which brings me to this point. YOU WASTE SO MUCH TIME
- Get hopeful over nothing…
- When you write a message and then they read it and don’t respond you really feel good about yourself
- Too many notifications on your phone, don’t we have enough social media to keep up with?
- Douchebags. Enough Said.
- Men are horrible at selecting photos, KEEP YOUR SHIRT ON AND DON’T POST A GROUP PHOTO AS YOUR PROFILE PIC
- They say they are looking for something real…but I think most mean “real, quick”
- You go out and they make you pay
- No, I’m not just looking for a hook up
- Everyone always think there is something better out there — this isn’t a restaurant where you get to see what the catch of the day is
- You WILL see an ex bf or someone you know pop up and then you have to screenshot it and pretend you never saw it
- If you do actually find someone and your friends ask how you met, you will forever have to say “TINDER” #romantic
Soon I’ll tell you about why dating sucks particularly in the bay area….that will be a good one. Lastly, of course I am forever optimistic, hopeful and always looking on the bright side AKA that most of this makes a damn good story.